The Regular Council Meeting is May 19 @ 6:30. The Agenda is posted below and can be joined by Zoom
Fire Station Update: Parkland County indicated it was terminating our joint fire hall agreement in 2018 as it expected to develop a new staffed fire hall in the Wabamun area. With the completion of this facility Parkland County will still provide fire protection services to teh Summer Village, but has withdrawn all fire suppression apparatus from the Seba Beach Station. Fire response times are expected to improve with the staffed hall in use. The nearest On-Call Fire Hall is Tomahawk (18km), the Staffed Fire Hall in Wabamun (22km).
It is recommended that residents update their insurance to reflect the closure of the Seba Beach Fire Station. Please remember insurance providers may have different ways of evaluating the risk (cost) of this change, but the Summer Village cannot recommend any one provider. A complete list of licensed insurance companies can be found here: https://www.alberta.ca/about-insurance-companies-alberta.aspx
Martino Verhaeghe, B.Sc. CMML, RRP/MCIP
Chief Administrative Officer
With weather warming up, many of us will be spending more time outdoors in our own communities.
Take this opportunity to help build your own preparedness (and the preparedness of the people around you) by making new connections.
Knowing the people around you makes it easier to ask for help, or offer help during a disruption. This can create community resilience and reduce stress. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Start with a friendly wave and say hello the next time you see someone in your community.
- Set up a buddy system for things like picking up mail while you are on vacation. Buddy’s can help each other in emergency situations too.
- Create a shared contact list for the people on your street, so you can keep connected (during good times and during times of uncertainty).
Property Tax Notices and the Spring Newsletter are set to be Mailed before May 13 2022. Please look for your mailing around or before the May long weekend. We look forward to seeing you, welcome back from everyone at Seba Beach!
Seba Beach Seniors Centre Updates: November 18 2021
The Thrift Store Wednesday and Saturday 10am - 3pm.
- Monday Majong at 1pm, Monday Walking at 6:20pm,
- Tuesday Quilting Fibre Arts at 11am, and Crib at 1pm,
- Wednesday Music Jam at 7pm,
- Thursday Bridge at 1pm.
Email us at Seba.firstname.lastname@example.org